Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Summer of Star Wars Announcement




On May 25, 1977, a new franchise came into the world and changed everything. A simple space opera with action and adventure that was directly inspired by Akira Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress would change the spectrum of pop culture through good times and bad times. This coming Christmas season will feature the return of the Star Wars series as the teaser trailers and other little teases not only have fans excited but also in the belief that the Force is coming back and in a big way. This project isn't really a marathon but rather a revisit of sorts as the Summer of Star Wars won't just be on the main films in its original or revised versions but also in how much it impacted the culture.

The films that I will do from the series will be the following:

Star Wars

The Empire Strikes Back

The Return of the Jedi

The Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

& Revenge of the Sith

There's also going to be other projects related to the series that will be covered for this summer project as they are:

The Infamous Star Wars Holiday Special

An Ewoks Adventure: Caravan of Courage

An Ewoks Adventure: The Battle for Endor

The Clone Wars

Fanboys

& The People vs. George Lucas

It is obvious that some of these will be bad to watch but it's something any fan of the series will need to tackle and take one for the team. Until then, May the Force Be with You.

© thevoid99 2015

8 comments:

Ruth said...

Ahah, may the force be with you as you plunge yourself into Star Wars marathon! I might watch the original trilogy before the new one comes out as I barely remember any of it. Btw, I have a SW-related question for Five for the Fifth so hope you'll stop by and give your opinion :D

thevoid99 said...

Oh I will. Besides, I had seen a lot of these before so it will be kind of an easy marathon for me.

Brittani Burnham said...

Ohhhhh I can't wait to read these! I love Star Wars, my kid is really into Star Wars Rebels now, so we've been watching that with him.

Anonymous said...

I'm debating doing a Star Wars thing on the site to lead up to the new film as well...

This sounds great! Can't wait.

Unknown said...

I look forward to this!

thevoid99 said...

@Brittani-I figure it was time to re-watch the entire series as I'm excited for the new film. I just want a chance to revisit what was good about them and what was bad.

@Fisti-Cool. I think a lot of us should revisit the series in anticipation for the new film.

@J.D. Lafrance-Nice. I'm looking forward to hear your thoughts on those awful prequels.

Dell said...

Can't wait to read these. I'm especially looking forward to the Holiday Special post. Don't remember watching it as a kid so I don't think I've seen it. I've heard so much bad stuff about it, though, I'm anxious to hear what you have to say.

thevoid99 said...

@Wendell-God bless the Internet for these things. I wanna know how awful it is as I'm currently working on a review of the first film which will probably come out on Saturday followed Empire with a few notes on the special editions as I'm just watching the original versions.