Saturday, January 15, 2011

Blog News 1/15/11 & Blogging Around


Hello Readers,

I just want to say thank you for leaving comments and reading my reviews.  This has been very helpful for me after some of the drama that I've been through last year with Epinions.com as well as other personal issues.  Now that I've become confident again in my writing, I will bring you some news on what's ahead and random thoughts.

This weekend, I had hoped to see Sofia Coppola's Somewhere which was the one film I had been dying to see for all of 2010.  Even though it has finally arrived in Atlanta just yesterday, something else happened that I'm sure prevented me and whatever of her fans to see it.  The winter storm has come in very hard in Georgia as there's still a bit of ice on my driveway.  Plus, it would ill-advised to even try and go to Atlanta since I'm not comfortable at risking the car to drive all the way there from Smyrna and have the possibility of driving on ice or getting into an accident.  I'm not going to take that risk so I'm delaying my review for Somewhere till sometime later in the week or this coming weekend (where I hope it moves to a much closer location).

With that delay, I've been able to re-work a few of my Wong Kar-Wai reviews as I'm currently working on DVD special features for In the Mood for Love that I will release tomorrow along with a re-edited review.  I will also be doing a review of Ashes of Time and its recent Redux version.  Around the same time, I'm going to work on reviews of films by Peter Weir in anticipation for The Way Back while re-release and re-edit a few of the Mike Leigh film reviews I had in anticipation for Another Year.

Other projects (aside from my best of 2000s films project) that I'm going to do is work on reviews of a couple of films by Zhang Yimou as well as a review of Gaspar Noe's Irreversible.  Even as it will give me a breather as I will go into expanded Criterion DVD reviews of Lars von Trier's Antichrist and Steven Soderbergh's Che that I plan to push for next month where I will also start work on material for my third Auteurs project for Todd Haynes.

That is all in the world of Surrender to the Void blog.  In the world of other blogs, there's stuff that I've just discovered along with reviews that I think people should read.

Radiator Heaven is a recent discovery that I've now followed as J.D. has a great review of The Rocketeer. A film that I saw in the theaters when I was 10 and enjoyed as it's a film that should be re-evaluated.

Another blog I just discovered reading is Marshall and the Movies where Marshall has fun review of Country Strong where I recently learned about the ending and oh man, why?

Andrew at Anomalous Material has a review of Somewhere that is really good as it falls more in the middle about the film's already divided opinion.

Finally, there's CS of Big Thoughts from a Small Mind who has a great review of Danny Boyle's 127 Hours that should be read as it gives more reason for people to see it.

Well, that is all for today and keep on reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the blogging love! Yeah, that ending was a doozy.

thevoid99 said...

You're welcome. I hope people got their money back for that piece of crap.